Search This Blog

Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Red Balloon"

One nostalgic film that has been personally moving for me is the Red Balloon directed by Albert Lamorisse in 1956. Click on the blue link to see a NY Times critique and a short clip of the film. I was in this alley way lofting this balloon up and a street person blocked me in to tell me that he liked my style. It seemed to have struck a cord with him when I mentioned the movie the Red Balloon and that I was creating my own image and in return he said that he remembered the film as a child, smiled, and moved on.

I thought that it would be a good project to roam around Honolulu to capture other shots of the Red Balloon but then again, I thought why not offer the idea to all of you beautiful bloggers and photographers out there. The shots would be completely international. If you are interested, please feel free to submit an 8x10 image at 72 dpi via email, of your rendition of the Red Balloon along with the photographer's name and the location (country, city, street) that it was taken. Your photograph with a  credit to the photographer shall be posted in 21 days as a collection and as a tribute to the film. It will be a fun collection that you could be a part of!!!! As my disclaimer, this is not for money and not for profit. It's all in the name of fun!

Email photos to: Roland Lee at flash1357@aol.com

Thanks for excepting the challenge!

1 comment:

Ron said...

All I can think of in seeing this photo is my youngest daughter when she was a child crying and screaming because her balloon floated away. LOL